Before we discuss about how to track tax refund on TurboTax and how to check its status let us understand what is a tax refund. The definition of Tax Refund is as follows:
A tax refund is a reimbursement to a taxpayer of any excess amount paid to the federal government or a state government.
Taxpayers tend to look at a refund as a bonus or a stroke of luck, but it really represents an interest-free loan that a taxpayer makes to the government. In most cases, it is avoidable.
If you want to get your Tax Refund faster than other then you have to follow some master steps. And these steps are as follows:
1. Fill the Tax Return request online.
2. Request the Tax Refund directly to your bank account.
3. As soon as you file for tax refund you should start tracking for it.
These are some of the steps that you should take to get your Tax Refund faster.
If you want to track Tax Returns on TurboTax then you have 2 options of tracking your return on TurboTax. These steps will be useful when you’ll file online tax return. The steps are as follows:
• Login to TurboTax and click on check E-File Status.
• You can also use the Where is My Tax Refund tool on IRS to check the status of your tax refund.
Most tax refunds take 21 weeks to get processed but if it has been more than that and you have still not received your Tax Refund then there can be 2 reasons for it and they are as follows:
a. Silly Mistakes in your name or in your Social Security Number (SSN) can lead to delay in your tax refunds. So, check everything carefully before submitting your request.
b. Sometimes calculation mistakes also lead to delay in your tax returns. Even a small addition or subtraction mistake can lead to this. Check all your calculations carefully before submitting your request.
c. You should always file a single tax return if you file it more than once then it can also lead to delay.
d. Don’t file tax return too early or too late it can also lead to this.
You can get a copy of your Tax returns on TurboTax by logging in to TurboTax account, go to tax home and scroll down and select your tax returns and documents, you will see many requests over there, select the one you want and click on Download PDF.To check you Tax Refund you can follow these steps:
1. Check the status in 24-48 hours after you filed your return.
2. You can also use the Where’s My Tax Refund Tool to view the refund date of your tax return.
You can contact the TurboTax Customer Care Number to Get details about the following:
• Why is my Tax Refund low?
• Why is my tax refund still processing?