Hotmail which is now known as Outlook.com or Windows live Hotmail is a web-based suite of webmail, contact, tasks and calendaring services. It was founded in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. But in 1997 Windows acquired it for an estimated amount of $400 million. It is now available in 106 languages. It is mostly used for commercial purposes. It has around 400 million users. When Hotmail was sold to Microsoft it only had 8.5 million users.
Some interesting facts about Hotmail are as follows:
Fact 1– It was launched on 4th July 1996 with the concept of free email service to everyone as on 4th July US gained freedom form the British rule.
Fact 2– The founders of Hotmail became millionaires in less than one year as Hotmail for purchased by Microsoft for a whopping price of $400 million.
Fact 3– It was formerly spelt as HotmaiL which focused on the HTML.
Fact 4– Hotmail accounts come with a 5GB of cloud storage for its users.
These were some of the interesting and unknown facts about Hotmail.
There are many users of the Hotmail service but still some users face many kinds and types of difficulties. We will be discussing about these problems and will also be learning about their solutions. Before we proceed further, I am sure that you might be clear about what is Hotmail and what are its uses.
Hotmail Account Recovery:
Hotmail as we know provides free email services to its customers. But what if the customers forget their account details. You don’t need to worry if you have lost your Hotmail account details because I will let you know the different methods of recovering your Hotmail account.
If you want to recover your Hotmail account using the Hotmail Account Recovery, you have to fill an account recovery form and to fill this form you have to follow these steps carefully:
Step 1– Go to account.live.com/acsr and fill up the email address, phone number or username of the account you are trying to recover.
Step 2– Provide an alternate email address so that the Hotmail team can contact you on it as and when needed.
Step 3– Enter the characters as shown on the screen and click on Next.
Step 4– Now a screen will pop up that will ask you to enter a verification code sent to your alternate email address, enter the verification code and click on Verify.
Step 5– Fill the form as much as you can, you can also take the help of Tips of filling out the Recovery form.
Step 6– Click on Submit when you have finished and then the Hotmail team will contact you within 24 hours.
Hotmail Other Options:
The other options that you can also try to recover your Hotmail account are mentioned here under:
Option I- Hotmail Recovery– In the Hotmail recovery option, you have to perform the similar steps as you performed for Hotmail Account Recovery that is you have to fill the Account Recovery Form.
Option II- Recover my Hotmail Account– In the second option that is Recover my Hotmail Account, you have to provide your details to Hotmail like your contact number, alternate email ID etc. and then the Hotmail team will contact you for further details.
You can also try recovering your account through the following methods:
- Via SMS– If you want to recover your account via SMS then you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to Account recovery page and click on recover via SMS.
- Now your mobile number will be shown like (*******234).
- Identify your mobile number and click on send verification code.
- Enter the verification code and reset your password and you’ll get access back to your account.
- Via Security Question– If you want to recover your account using the security question, then you can click on account recovery via security question and just follow these steps:
- Select the security question.
- Now enter your answer.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click on Submit.
- Now your account details will be displayed on the screen if you have entered the correct answer to the security question.
You can also recover your old Hotmail account using the Recover Old Hotmail Account option available on Hotmail’s website. The steps that you need to follow are similar to what you followed for Hotmail account recovery.
Hotmail Password Recovery:
It very obvious that while using Hotmail account you might have lost or forgotten your password. If this has happened with you then you don’t need to worry about it because there are many ways through which you can recover or reset your Hotmail password easily. One such way is the Hotmail Password Recovery. To recover or reset your Hotmail password, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1– You need to go to Google and search for Hotmail Password recovery or Hotmail Forgot Password.
Step 2– Open the page that is available on the top.
Step 3– Enter your email, phone number or Skype name.
Step 4– Now your Hotmail password reset link will be sent to your email address.
Step 5– Open this link and reset your password.
In this way you can easily recover or reset your Hotmail password.
Changing Hotmail’s Password:
If in any case you want to change your Hotmail password then you can try the Hotmail Password change option. The steps to change your Hotmail password are mentioned below:
- Go to Hotmail and login with your details.
- Go to Settings>Profile>Change Hotmail Password.
- Now enter your current password to confirm that it is you, who is changing the password.
- Enter your new password and re-enter it to confirm.
In this way you can reset or change your Hotmail’s password.
Hotmail Email Recovery:
If you have lost your email address of Hotmail then you can get it by using the Hotmail Email Recovery option. You have to follow these steps to get your email ID back:
Step 1– Go to Hotmail’s website.
Step 2– Click on Forgot Email.
Step 3– Enter your Phone Number or Any alternate email address.
Step 4– Enter your current password.
Your Hotmail’s email address will be sent to your phone number or alternate email address.
How to Recover Deleted Emails?
If you deleted all your emails and then later on came to known that there were many useful emails in that list and now you are sitting sad without any hope of getting back those deleted emails then you don’t need to worry because you can recover the deleted emails easily and quickly. This can be done with the help of Recover Deleted Emails Hotmail option. To recover your emails, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to Hotmail email address.
- On the left side of the screen right click on Deleted Items.
- Now click on the Recover deleted items option.
- Choose the emails that you want to recover. Email deleted from the last 14-30 days will be shown.
- If no emails are being displayed then it means that deleted emails have been permanently deleted or no emails have been deleted in the last 14-30 days.
- Click on Recover and then Click on OK and your selected emails will be restored back to your Hotmail account.
If you want to recover your permanently deleted emails then you have to contact the Hotmail customer service number.
Common Issues or Problems faced by the Hotmail users:
Some common issues that are faced by the Hotmail users are as follows:
- Problem in Sending and Receiving the Emails– If you ever face any issues in sending and receiving the emails over Hotmail contact their customer support.
- Hotmail Doesn’t Respond– If Hotmail doesn’t respond then it can be due to some technical glitch.
- Where to Get Hotmail Tech Support Number– If you want the tech support number of Hotmail them search it on web.
- How to download files in Hotmail– This is also one of the issues which is faced by Hotmail users.
- How to configure Hotmail account in Gmail account– This problem occurs because of network server issues.
- Hotmail performs slow– It can be due to slow internet speed.
- Hotmail email service is down– If you face this problem then you can only wait for getting the service back.
- How to contact a competent Hotmail Help– You can contact the customer support for this.
- Emails deleting automatically– This problem occurs due to network problems.
- Unable to Login with Correct details– This issue occurs because of internet problem. Try logging in after sometime.
- Not capable of using Hotmail on PC, Laptop, Android, iOS– You can resolve issue using the Hotmail customer service number.
- Restore Hotmail Account- You can restore your Hotmail account by using restore wizard.
- Reactivate Stopped or Suspended Hotmail Account– This problem also occurs with the user of Hotmail.
- How to send attachment with email on Hotmail- This is also one of the most common issue faced by Hotmail users.
- Not able to Log out/ Sign out– This is also one of the issues that is faced by Hotmail users.
I hope that this will help you knowing about Hotmail its uses and its common issues faced by the users.