Though Facebook has become an integral part of our social life, at times we feel that we do need a break from it. However, we don’t want to completely delete our account so that we can anytime bounce back to our social life by again joining it. So, if you are also under similar dilemma, it’s better to deactivate your account while keeping all your information and friend list intact. In most cases, users who want to deactivate their account seek help from Facebook customer service. But if you want to continue the procedure by yourself, just follow the below mentioned steps.
- At first, you have to login your Facebook account and then click on the gear icon available at the upper right corner of your home page. From the dialogue box that appears, click on “Account Settings” option.
- From the Setting’s page, you will have select “Security” and then keep scrolling down until you find the option to
- As soon as you click on the “Deactivate option, Facebook will ask you the reason for leaving it. You may or may not fill the reason and proceed further.
- While deactivating your account Facebook also provides its user with an option to receive notifications in your email inbox. But if you opt for this option, your friends can still tag you in their posts even after the deactivation. However, your profile won’t be visible.
- Apart from this, you will also get an option to choose whether you want Facebook to automatically activate your account after a certain period of time. In order to do so, you have to click on “Confirm” on the dialogue box.
- Once done, now user can finally click on” Deactivate” option to hide your Facebook account from other users while keeping all your info as-it-is.
Though the steps are quite easy to bring in practice, you can even take detailed information about the deactivation after you contact Facebook username recovery by phone. In case, your call is not going through and you want an immediate suggestion, get in touch with Callcustomerservice247 now in order to get alternative numbers for similar services.