AOL mail is a free web-based email service that is provided by AOL. AOL is the division of Verizon Communications. The full form of AOL is America Online. AOL mail is just like any other free web-based email services. AOL mail was launched on 21st March 2004. It is available in more than 54 languages. AOL has some main features and they are as follows-
- The email attachment limit is 25 MB.
- It has Spam Protection.
- It has Virus Protection.
- Spell Checking.
- It can also link to other email providers like Hotmail and Gmail.
These are some of the features of AOL mail. There were over 24 million AOL Mail users as in 2012. To use AOL mail, you have to register yourself which means registration is required. You can also use many other features offered by AOL mail. Now we’ll discuss about some common problems that occur while using AOL Mail.
AOL Account Recovery Without Password:
If you have lost your password then you can try AOL Password Recovery to recover or reset your password. But before resetting your password you can try these steps-
- Go to your web browser and check for auto-fill and saved passwords.
- If you have enabled the option of saved password or auto-fill then you can find your password here and by using this password you can login to your AOL mail account.
Now if you haven’t saved your password or didn’t enable the auto-fill password option then the only option left is to reset your password to recover your account.
Recovering AOL Account after Forgetting Password:
If you have Forgot AOL Password and you want to perform AOL Account Recovery then you can do it in the following way-
- Go to AOL Mail login page.
- Click on Forgot Password option.
- Now enter your AOL email address, phone number or any other alternative email id that is linked with AOL mail account.
- Now you’ll have to choose one option to get AOL Password Reset Link.
- Open the link and enter new password, re-enter it to confirm and click on Save.
- As you click on Save the windows will be closed and you’ll be redirected to AOL Mail Login Page. Login with your new password.
In this way you can perform the AOL Account Recovery if you have lost or Forgot your password.
This process will not only help you to reset your password but will also help you to Recover AOL Account.
AOL Account Recovery when username is forgotten:
If you have lost or Forgot AOL Username and you still want to recover your AOL account then you can follow these steps-
- Go to AOL Mail Login Page.
- Click on Forgot Username.
- Enter your email address, phone number associated with AOL account.
- Now you will receive a verification code.
- Enter the verification code and your username will be recovered.
- Use the username to reset your password and all your data will be saved to your account.
In this way you can recover your AOL Account and also your AOL Username.
Why is AOL Account Recovery Needed?
Account Recovery is needed for an account because of the following reasons-
- Account has been Hacked– If your account has been hacked then to get back access to your account you have to use the account recovery process.
- Usage of Easy Passwords– If you have used an easy password with your account and someone detected it then he/she can easily access your account and change your password. So, if this has happened with you then also account recovery will help you.
- Different Hacking Tricks– Hackers nowadays are very advanced they create fake login pages and if you login with your details on these fake pages then your login information goes to these hackers and they hack your account by going to the original login page. In this case also account recovery will help you.
How to Recover Lost AOL Email Account?
You can try all the methods that are mentioned above to recover your account if you are a free AOL user. But if you are a paid user and you have lost your account details then you can contact the AOL Mail Customer Support team. The executives will ask for your paid receipt number and they will immediately recover your account.
Unpaid or free users can use any of the above-mentioned procedures to recover their account.
AOL Desktop Gold Common Problems and Solutions:
AOL Desktop Gold is a very good software. But sometimes while using it users have to face many issues like AOL Signing Error, Mail Missing Error, Slow AOL Desktop Gold Error etc. I’ll discuss with you some of the most common problems and solutions of the AOL Desktop Gold Software.
To solve these errors of AOL Gold Desktop you can try some AOL Gold Troubleshooting Steps. Some of the most common issues occurring while using AOL Desktop Gold Software are as follows-
- AOL Gold Desktop Download Error/ AOL Error Code 104.
- AOL Gold Desktop Mail Missing Error.
- Slow Speed of AOL Desktop Gold Software.
- AOL Gold Icon Missing.
- AOL Gold Not Responding.
AOL Gold Desktop Download Error:
First, we will talk about the first error that is AOL Gold Desktop Download Error. If you are not able to download the software even after taking the subscription then you can try out these steps to solve this problem-
- Check what requirements are needed by the system for download.
- Use Anti-Virus to clear suspicious files that is not allowing AOL Gold Software to be downloaded.
- Check out the HDD Storage of your system.
- Delete Caches, Cookies and Browsing History from your web browser.
AOL Gold Desktop Mail Missing Error:
If someone sent you an email and you didn’t receive it then it is the problem of ‘Mail Missing’. To solve this problem, follow these steps:
- Check your internet connection as a good internet connection is very important.
- You can also check your Spam folder because sometimes mails go into Spam folder.
Slow Speed of AOL Desktop Gold Software:
If you face this error then you can try these steps-
- Remove all the Junk Files from your computer and clear the HDD space.
- Clear RAM Space.
- Use an Anti-Virus software to remove virus, trojans and malwares.
AOL Gold Icon Missing:
If you don’t find AOL Gold Icon on your desktop then you can follow these steps-
- Click on the search box.
- Search for AOL Gold.
- Press left-click and click on move to desktop.
- If you don’t find AOL Gold after searching then you can try re-installing it.
AOL Gold Not Responding:
If AOL Gold doesn’t respond due to any reason then you can try these steps-
- Restart your computer.
- Delete Junk Files.
- Scan your system through Anti-Virus software.
- If any of the above-mentioned steps don’t work then you can try re-installing the software.
Some other common issues of AOL Gold Desktop Software are as follows_
- AOL Desktop Gold Internet Connection Issue.
- How to Update AOL Gold?
- Microsoft.NET Framework version update error.
- Import and Export of Personal Mail Data.
Common Problems and Solutions of AOL Mail Account:
As we know that there is always some problem with every web-based email service likewise AOL Mail also has some problems and they are as follows:
- AOL Mail Down or Slow but not working.
- AOL Mail Sign in Problem.
- Unable to Send Email from AOL Mail Account.
- Seeing Image Challenges When Sending Mails.
- Images do not appear for Mail Recipients.
AOL Mail Down or Slow but not working:
If you are facing this problem then you can try these steps:
- Try restarting your computer.
- Try a different web browser.
- Clear caches, cookies, browsing history from your web browser.
- Disable pop-up blocking software.
- Disable your Anti-Virus for your web browser and try again.
AOL Mail Sign in Problem:
If you face this error then try these steps:
- Go to AOL Sign in Page.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your email address and phone number.
- Select Verification via Phone number, Email Address and Security question.
- And you can easily sign in to your account.
Unable to Send Email from AOL Mail Account:
Try out these steps-
- Check whether your internet is working or not.
- Log out of your account restart your computer and try signing in again.
- Try to use different web browser.
- Clear your caches, cookies and browsing history.
- Disable pop-up blocker if it is enabled.
- Disable firewall if it is enabled.
Seeing Image Challenges When Sending Mails:
It is for the safety and security of your account. A CAPTCHA is used so that it can be verified that an actual person is trying to login, logout etc. Whenever you see this just fill in the CAPTCHA and proceed forward.
Images do not appear for Mail Recipients:
If you face this problem then try out these steps:
- Make sure that you have enabled to show images on your mail settings.
- If you want to send an image then download it first and then send it as an attachment.
In this way you can solve some of the issues that occur while using AOL Mail Account.